Sunday, May 13, 2007

Talk to Chuck

Jack can get anybody to exercise. In 2004 My chemo and radiation treatments were finished. Cancer cells were killed throughout my body but I was white as a ghost. Itg was time to rebuild my physical body. I have been going to a gym for 20 years. Every workout was the same routine. Never did I exercise to the point of sweating. My workouts were a rut. Time to reconsider my exercise goals.

People at the YMCA said, “Hey, you should try Jack’s class.” Well being a skeptic I thought, how about hiring Jack as a personal trainer? Fine. I asked Jack. “Will you help me get back in shape? I just finished treatments for colon cancer.”

Jack paused of a moment then said, “OK, but talk to Chuck first.”

“Who’s Chuck?” I countered. “Why do I talk to Chuck, when you are the best personal trainer here at the Y”

“Because” Jack quickly replied, “Chuck finished cancer treatments a year ago and he is better suited to help you with your physical recovery program. You talk to Chuck then I will work with you.”

No comments: