Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Angels: Becoming Aware of Spiritual Support

I never really had the experience of being surrounded by angels until my cancer diagnosis. This was an intense period of prayer. Asking God for help.

Friends would ask, “Is it OK if my church holds you in our prayers?” Of coarse I said, “Yes, thank you very much. That is very kind of you.” At this point in time, I was pretty skeptical about the prayer and the existence of angels.

I was raised Roman Catholic. Today I am more a Buddhist and mixture of other spiritual traditions. Prayer really was not part of my life until cancer. I began praying with friends at work. I would pray during radiation treatments. Usually my prayers were asking for the power to fight this disease. I asked God for help guide me on this path of treatment and healing.

I did plenty of praying during my cancer treatments. I saw many angels arrive with God's grace.

No comments: