Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Before and After I Had Cancer

Begun 9/14/06 and Expanded 11/07

Before I had cancer, I thought I would live forever, but now I am happy to have each day of my life.

Before I had cancer, I enjoyed recreational use of alcohol and pot but now I enjoy having a clear functioning brain and have less interest in using alcohol and pot.

Before I had cancer, I would ride a bike without a helmet, but now I wear a helmet and I am more safety conscious.

Before I had cancer I was just normal, but after I got cancer and beat the disease friends would treat me like I was SUPERMAN.

Before I had cancer my second marriage was dissolving, but after I got cancer I got a divorce.

Before I had cancer I did know there were angels, now I realize that I am surrounded by angels and know God will answer my prayers.

Before I had cancer I was under tremendous stress, now I experience a sense of peace and serenity most of the time.

Before I had cancer I would sweat the small stuff, but now I enjoy each moment and count the many blessings in my life.

Before I had cancer at times I would be fearful, but now I can honestly say I feel safe and happy and peaceful in most situations.

Before I had cancer I was sleep deprived now I get plenty of rest and take naps each day.

Before I had cancer I owned a big home with a yard to maintain, now I rent a small studio and keep it simple.

Before I had cancer I played guitar, now I play ukulele.

Before I had cancer I had a daily 4 hour commute in traffic, now a 10 minute commute by bike to get to work.

Before I had cancer I would speed on the highway in the fast lane, now I set my car on cruise control to the speed limit and ride the middle lane.

Before I had cancer I would listen to music on my ipod, now I enjoy silence.

Before I had cancer I had a to do list with much to accomplish, today I am more selective with the projects I want to do. I focus and finish.

Before I had cancer I was lacking love and affection, now I am blessed with both.

No comments: